04 October 2009

Baltimore's TOXIC Tour.

On Saturday, I had fantastic luck. I was privileged to meet and spend the day with Glenn Ross.


Mr. Ross is a community activist working for citywide betterment, breaking down the disconnect step-by-step.

Mr. Ross took Ashby and I on a tour throughout East Baltimore, showing us how contamination is still threatening neighborhoods and how community-built green spaces have pulled neighbors together, raising the spirits of everyone.


Just one of the many garden spaces now in East Baltimore. You can view more pictures here.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsey! you impress me with the organization skills and talent you have in documenting this amazing experience. This inspires me to be more complete with sharing my experiences with others. thank you, it wouldnt have been the same with out you.
    ashby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for organizing this for us to take part in, Ashby! I'll see ya at the lantern-making!!

    ReplyDelete