28 October 2009

The Great Halloween Lantern Parade!


On Sunday, I took part in Baltimore's
Great Halloween Lantern Parade. I attended a free, advanced lantern-making workshop at the Creative Alliance with my graduate school friends, Katti and Ashby. Artist Molly Ross facilitated our lantern-making, as junk-bands and costumers practiced and swirled around us. It was a beautiful and awe-inspiring experience . . .


I finished the lantern at home--adding pink, yellow, orange, blue, and white tissue paper--using a glue and water mixture. I attached two push lights to the interior with velcro, accessible where the lantern sits on my head. I tied a bright teal ribbon on as my chin strap.


It was hilariously awkward . . .


Look at these bird costumes!

Edgar Allan Poe was this year's theme. You know he died in Baltimore and comes out to haunt each October . . .


Such great fun! I felt like a 5 year old! Next year, I'm adding stilts!

No comments:

Post a Comment