18 October 2009

More Cookies!


My graduate program isn't particularly difficult, but it is taxing in a variety of ways. So, in an effort to keep my sanity, I have turned to baking once a week. I have purchased more butter in the past month than I have in the past five years.


The recipes I gravitate towards are not unusual or built for master chefs. They are, in part, traditional stand-bys, comforts of childhood. It's quite calming to focus on stirring, beating, cracking, or measuring.
Really, I am just giving myself reason to cook through my favorite cookbook: I Like You.

What's funny is I don't even eat these creations, I just freeze them for a later date . . . What gives?!!

Today's feature is a generic standard in most households, but I hadn't made these yummies in a very long time. So, I present to you: Chocolate Chip Cookies, as written by Amy Sedaris.



2 sticks unsalted butter

3/4 cup of sugar

3/4 cup brown sugar

2 eggs

2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

1 tesaspoon baking soda

1 1/2 teaspoon salt

2 1/4 cups flour

3/4 cup chopped pecans (I used almonds.)

18 ounces semisweet chocolate chips (1.5 bags)


Beat butter and sugars together.

Add eggs and vanilla.

Gradually add flour, salt, soda.

Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.


Chill.


Roll into small balls and flatten in palm of hand "so it looks like a flattened crab cake or medicated face pad".
Place on greased cookie sheet.
Bake for about 9 - 11 minutes at 375 degrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment