05 December 2010

Oakland Tree Lighting and Gallery Crawl . . .



On Friday night, amongst the Oscar Grant verdict and on the tail end of being listed as one of the top 5 most dangerous US cities, we went to Oakland for dinner, the tree lighting, and a gallery crawl.

We met the Hansens at Cocina Poblana and I had the most amazing pork tamales. And, then we went outside to catch the hub bub surrounding the tree: of course Santa was there and people dressed in all sorts of crazy outfits that were all lit up. And, they piped snow out of the palm trees . . .

Then, Josh and I went over to the 25 galleries hosting first Friday openings. We caught up with work at Rock Paper Scissors, Hatch, Chandra Cerrito, and Johansson Projects. I gotta say, Oakland is quickly becoming one of my most favorite cities: I absolutely love it!!





No comments:

Post a Comment