05 March 2011

Household Projects!


Ever since Charlotte arrived, she has been helping me figure out what to do with the very small space we live in. My apartment is around 800 square feet, in a lovely little neighborhood near several great coffee shops and a fabulous park.

Working at an interior design showroom is a constant reminder that I need to pay attention to the space I live in. I create installations, so spacial design is nothing new. But, I am the last person to pay attention to where I live--which I admit is a bit strange.

I have decided after some heavy inspiration that I will be covering several of my walls in pallet wood. I'm excited about it, but ripping apart the pallets is a lot harder than I expected . . . Luckily, my friend Gary will be helping me. My goal is to have the wall completed and beautiful items hung up and in place before Easter.

I have started on all of the painting. The wall opposite to the pallet wood wall will be green, basil something or other, and will be complete tomorrow. I have painted part of the kitchen in chalkboard paint, and the rest of the kitchen will be in tomato powder (sort of a salmon-y red). I love having a chalkboard wall!! The boys are going to go nuts when they come to visit!


And now I have a pink ceiling in my bathroom! The color is cool lemonade and I love it! I wanted to keep the beadboard white and couldn't quite figure out how to add some punchiness. Then, I looked up. Ceilings should always be pink . . . I'm almost positive. The lighting fixture and shower curtain will be changing shortly. But, for now, it works: it's sherbert madness!



No comments:

Post a Comment