29 August 2011

Engage the Imagination.



She gets it.

Nicki Minaj, Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Grace Jones, Annie Lennox, Bjork, and--to some extent--Madonna get it. They understand the visualization I spoke about in my earlier post.

The idea of a video is to capture the music visually . . . So, at the Video Music Awards where they celebrate the music video, why not take it all the way? Make it campy, creative, costume-y, fun! It's the embodiment of a character, it's role-playing. I enjoy celebrating the spectacle, being unique, making the visual element the focus. And, the artists I've mentioned above are inspiring budding costumers and visual artists everywhere by being adventurous.

Engage the imagination.
I certainly look forward to seeing more, more, more!

No comments:

Post a Comment