23 July 2012

Why hello, Beacon Heights: I'm home!



Little India is the section of Singapore I was most interested in being near . . . For food, activity, color, textiles, etc.  My new apartment is walking distance from here:  I'm in heaven!!


Here I am laughing because I am sitting in the passenger seat--the lefthand side of the car--and keep thinking we are driving on the wrong side of the road, or we're going to hit something.  (We aren't and we didn't.)  I'm glad I'm not driving though, because I would so screw this whole thing up!  Especially being used to bumpin' around in the Explorer!

Additionally, I feel like a total rock star.  It's so crazy to be driven around and just shown things that can be mine for free.  I'm very lucky!!  I worked very hard for this opportunity, but I am still so very lucky!  Please, please come and visit!  Anyone and everyone!!


There she is:  home-sweet-home!  I'm living in a bit of a high-rise.  Wheeeeee!  I looked at an apartment on the 22nd floor and one on the 5th floor.  I liked the views from both floors, but the layout of the apartment on the 5th floor was much more open and the interior shapes were more interesting, so I chose it.


This is the view from the 5th floor apartment.  (They put that damn beautiful pool down there, so I had no choice but to say, "Yes, I'll take it!")


This is the view from the 22nd floor apartment.  Awesome, awesome!  Reminds me of looking out over cities in various parts of Italy.


This is the master bedroom.  You can't see it in the picture, but they provide really beautiful curtains that cover all of the windows and can be tied back during the day.  The bathroom is just outside the door.

A smaller bedroom (or study) is next door to this space, also with big windows.  There is an additional guest bathroom in the living area, closer to the kitchen.


This small space is the kitchen.  People don't generally cook at home here--they eat out or in food courts/markets.  But, I love this small space.  It comes with everything, including a washer/dryer.  And, I love the fish tank window above the sink/counter space.

The space in front of the kitchen is the living area, leading out to the balcony.  It's open and friendly!  I really love it.  Excited to move in next week!


I couldn't stop thinking about this pool.  All day long, going in and out of other apartments.  This damn pool!  It sold me!  It's so lovely . . . It's like being in an old Hollywood movie or something.  I can't wait to have cocktails out here:  giant sunglasses on, my head all wrapped up.  


And, here's the gym . . . How could you not want to work out here?  I'm sayin'.  

Good to go.

2 comments:

  1. WOW!! What a little paradise! I'm so excited for you....and soooo green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. For the next 3 years, if anyone needs me, I'll be at the pool . . . (When I'm not working or in the studio, of course.) So exciting!

    ReplyDelete