25 August 2012

Progress On The Homefront.



Last week I bought a bookshelf. After it was delivered, I waited for my shipment to arrive from the United States.  Once it arrived, a few days after the bookcase, I loaded it up. Note the title of this blogpost:  Progress On The Homefront. Nowhere in this title is the word finished, so please do not think the image below represents completion.

While the books are neatly arranged and will probably stay put, the top of the bookshelf is not even close to being finished. My plan is to have a few lamps in that space (one on the bookshelf, another hanging from the ceiling), a few paintings and prints standing up against the glass, and some pictures of my family and friends. A brightly colored rug and floor cushion from my good friend Mohammed will go in front of the bookcase (behind the couch, not pictured).

Around the corner, in the glass room, is my orange chair and ottoman from the United States. I love this chair--it's extremely comfortable and is perfect for creating a reading space in my glass elevator. In this room, I am going to put a standing lamp, a two-sided wall hanging to attach from the ceiling: in-front-of-the-glass-behind-the-bookshelf (to hide the back of the items on the top of the bookshelf), and a low wooden bench against the back wall. There is no way I am posting a picture of what this room looks like right now:  the floor is covered in stacks of paperwork and laden with artwork from friends, waiting to be hung up.

I love how the colors pop in this white space! More coming soon . . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment